No more running back to hostels by 7 and no more unfinished conversations. Thats right, no more 7:00 pm curfew for girls!
For years, the members of the SAC and students of the college have been trying hard for the extension of girls’ curfew till 9 and this year they’ve finally succeeded. This provision has been in effect since the 23rd of January and has proved its necessity to plenty. Dear first years, it is a pity but your curfew remains the same (yes, the unlucky 7), and senior girls, with freedom comes great responsibility. Here are a few points you may want to keep in mind to stay out of trouble:
- Carry Your ID card at all times.
- Beyond 7pm, the girls are allowed to be on campus only in certain areas such as the Mini canteen, library, study room, labs, etc. Note: It’s been observed that the study room caters to the needs of academically curious couples and mini canteen to the friend circles.
- The Main Gate is the only accessible gate for the girls after 7.
- If you’re staying back in campus after 7, make sure you have signed out in the movement register meant for this purpose in hostel and collect the token from the main gate while returning from campus.
- Getting out after 7pm from the hostel is possible only if a token from the ladies hostel is issued which has to be presented at the Main gate for your entry into campus.
Piece of advice: The power is yours now but use this facility carefully to avoid its revocation. At the same time, have fun girls!
Read the official statement here!